Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Over the weekend I was running low on gas and stopped to fill up my tank. Suddenly I was overcome by an overwhelming urge to check out the gas station mini mart. My “healthy radar” went up immediately, because I knew I would be surrounded by Slurpees, glazed donuts, hotdogs on rollers that look strangely appealing, and coffee.
You know the kind of coffee I’m talking about. Gas station coffee! The super sweet, flavored, thick, DELICIOUS and highly caloric coffee filled with gosh-knows-what-kind-of-ingredients-and-chemicals. I usually avoid it, but the flavor of the day was Pumpkin Spice. And how is a girl to resist pumpkin spice anything??
After a few sugary sips I was reminded that #1 I am not a huge fan of gas station flavored coffees; #2 it was way too sweet; and #3 I’ve made my own Skinny Pumpkin Spice lattes in the past. Time to dig out the recipe and share it with you!
- 1/2 cup milk (I use vanilla almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (I used 2 packets stevia)
- 1 cup strong coffee
- Whipped cream, optional!!
- In a 16 oz pyrex measuring cup, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and sweetener. Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Add 1 cup hot coffee and whisk. (I use a Keurig cup and brew right into the pyrex measuring cup.)
- Pour into a large coffee mug and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice if desired. Enjoy!
Do you love Pumpkin Spice Coffee? If you try this recipe I’d love to hear about it. Please comment below and let me know what you think!
If you love coffee, be sure to check out my Skinny Apple Pie Latte recipe too.