I’ve been on a Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte kick recently, so I decided to expand my horizons into the realm of apple pie. Yum!
Why do I love homemade skinny lattes?
- low in calories
- high in calcium
- all natural ingredients (no icky artificial syrups)
- simple to make
- no trip to a coffee shop (i.e., I can make and drink my latte in my jammies)
- it fills me up!
On the weekend I like to wake up leisurely, drink a skinny latte, and then exercise. I workout about 2 hours after I wake up, so I don’t really want a big breakfast, but I do need: #1 caffeine, and #2 a little something in my stomach. A skinny latte fits the bill.
Is this really a latte??
Technically no. A real latte consists of steamed milk, espresso, with a little foam on top. My version of the skinny apple pie latte is the
lazy ass busy mom version. Throw all the ingredients together and call it good.
Do you love skinny lattes? What’s you favorite kind? Please comment below!
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 packets stevia (or sweetener to taste)
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (I use Keurig)
- Whipped cream, optional
- Combine almond milk, applesauce, cinnamon, vanilla and stevia in a 2 cup glass Pyrex measuring cup. Whisk to combine.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Add hot coffee (I brew the Keurig directly into the Pyrex cup). Whisk again.
- Pour into large coffee mug and add a tiny bit of whipped cream (if desired) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.