Chocolate is definitely my weakness, but when I indulge I try to choose healthier options. So I have a square or two of 85% dark chocolate every day (anti-oxidants!) and drink my chocolate Shakeology. But every so often I need something even more decadent, and that’s how these Chocolate Peanut Butter Shakeology Hearts came about.
These are super simple to make – only two ingredients – and they make a great presentation for Valentine’s Day, or when you want to make someone special smile.
Shakeology Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts
1 packet (or scoop) chocolate Shakeology
1/4 to 1/3 cup peanut butter
Place 1/4 cup peanut butter in a bowl. Add chocolate Shakeology and mix until it forms a playdough-like consistency. Don’t be afraid to use your hands – this should be fun! You may need to add more peanut butter, up to 1/3 cup total, but start with less at first. If the mixture gets too soft you won’t be able to roll it out and cut out the cute little hearts.
When the peanut butter Shakeology mixture is the right consistency (pliable but not overly sticky), place between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to approximately ¼ inch thickness. Cut out with heart-shaped cookie cutters.
Store any leftovers (as if!) in the refrigerator.
- If you’re in a rush, just shape the mixture into balls. No cookie cutters necessary!
- I used regular ‘ol peanut butter.
- You can substitute almond butter if it is creamy. You need a bit of oil in the mixture to create the right texture.
- You absolutely CANNOT use PB2 (powdered peanut butter), reconstituted with water. Same issue as with the almond butter – you need the oil.
- You can substitute vanilla Shakeology for the chocolate.
- You can also use a good-tasting chocolate protein powder (I like Syntha-6).
Here are a few similarly delicious treats:
Easy Protein Peanut Butter Eggs (perfect for Easter)
Need Shakeology? Purchase it HERE.