My name is Jacqui and I am a Quest Bar-aholic.
And it tastes like a real ice cream sandwich!
Quest Bar Protein Ice Cream Sandwiches
Make protein ice cream: Mix 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used Syntha-6 chocolate) with just enough almond milk to make a pudding consistency. Place in freezer while preparing cookies.
When totally cool, top with protein ice cream and ENJOY!
Variations and Tips
- You can always fill your ice cream sandwiches with REAL ice cream or frozen yogurt. Since we’re talking a small quantity, the calories will be similar to the calories in the protein ice cream, but the nutritional profile will obviously differ.
- Use Yonanas ice cream. (Yonanas ice cream is basically frozen, mashed bananas with or without other fruits or ingredients added. The Yonanas machine is available on Amazon or at local stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- Try using sugar-free or regular pudding.
- Use peanut butter or, to save some calories, make a peanut butter filling using PB2 powder mixed with either water or Greek yogurt.
- Try plain Greek yogurt sweetened just a bit with honey or stevia.
- Be sure the cookies are completely cooled before adding ice cream. As you can see from the photo, my ice cream started to melt. I was hungry and wanted to eat!
- Another tip is to bake multiple cookies and double or triple the batch of ice cream. Make your sandwiches and store in the freezer to enjoy at another time.
- You can bake the Quest Bar “cookies” and eat as is. No filling required!
I hope you love these delicious Quest Bar ice cream sandwiches as much as I do! They are perfect to satisfy my sweet tooth AND keep me on my diet. Enjoy!