Let’s face it, ”will I lose weight?” is a common question when you or I consider a workout program. Unlike my college son with a metabolism on overdrive, most of us have a little excess “fluff” to contend with. Or maybe a lot. So you – and I – want to know if we will get results before we invest in a program.
Autumn looks great, but we all know that she’s doing more than just country line dancing. So can we get results too? Maybe not ripped AF results, but can we lose that extra 15 pounds (or more) of pudge?
As a chronic dieter and veteran of countless exercise programs, “will I lose weight?” is a question I’ve asked myself a zillion times.
If you’re don’t already have the low down on Beachbody’s Country Heat dance workout program, check out this blog post for the scoop: Country Heat FAQ’s
Will I lose weight doing Beachbody’s new workout program Country Heat?
The simple answer?
Yes, you will lose weight doing Country Heat.
With one condition: You must burn more calories than you eat.
In other words, you can’t pop in the Country Heat DVDs and hit Jonny’s Southern Biscuits & Gravy Diner every night and expect to see results. As Autumn Calabrese has said, “when it comes to being healthy and fit, it’s not just about what you do in the gym. It’s really about what you do in the kitchen.”
Weight loss boils down to calories in versus calories out.
Fact: To lose fat you need to eat fewer calories than your body burns.
Fiction: In a perfect world I’d live on grits and fried chicken and watch the pounds magically melt away, but science tells us that only a calorie deficit will knock off the pounds. Too bad science didn’t consult me, right?
How will Autumn Calabrese’s Country Heat program help me lose weight?
The short answer? Boot scootin’ to Country Heat will burn calories (creating that calorie deficit) and build muscle.
Exercise burns calories.
- The more intense the exercise, the more calories you burn. With Country Heat you are in total control of intensity.
- Building muscle not only gives you an amazingly toned “beach body” (get it?) but the more muscle you have the more calories you will burn even while sitting on the couch tapping your cowboy boots to Blake Shelton!
- Exercise keeps your metabolism from slowing down as you cut calories.
Here are a few other ways Country Heat will help with fat loss:
- Country Heat gives you a 30 day workout plan to follow. No guessing what workout you should be doing when. Just check your calendar and pop in the DVD.
- Country Heat has quick workouts – in the 20-30 minute range. Shorter workouts means less excuses, so you are more likely to get it done! Completed workouts means more calories burned.
- You’re DANCING, for crying out loud. Dancing is fun and country music is cool. And if you don’t think it’s cool, then use your workout time to laugh at the lyrics. As Shaun T says, “if you laugh, you use your core.”
- Country Heat gives you a nutrition plan to follow. Some people are diet free spirits (like me!) and others crave a little more structure. The meal plan is the same portion-control container system used with the 21 Day Fix.
What if I’ve failed to lose weight while doing an exercise program in the past?
1. Failure means you have the courage to try.
Past diet failure is actually GOOD NEWS because it means you have what it takes to succeed. You know what you want (weight loss), and you are seeking a solution. All you need to do is begin to follow a plan.
You can’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way you succeed. – Lebron James
2. Your past does not determine your future.
Just because you missed your goal once (or twice or many times) in the past doesn’t mean you can’t succeed NOW. Your past doesn’t determine your future.
3. Considering the Country Heat program means you have the desire to lose weight – and that is a big first step.
Contemplating Country Heat (or any other workout program for that matter) shows me that you have the desire to lose weight, and that desire is one-third of the battle. The other two thirds are doing the workouts and tackling your eating. Country Heat is the real deal…. it takes care of the workouts and also provides a meal plan.
4. Guess what? You WILL struggle, but take action anyway.
I may not know you personally, but if you have tried and failed to lose weight in the past, then I can guarantee you will struggle in the future. Does this mean you won’t be successful? Hell no!
Life is about ups and downs. Sometimes committing to exercise and healthy eating is effortless (rare!) and other times it is a struggle. I go through periods where my eating and workouts are on auto-pilot (and for those times I am very thankful). But very often I struggle. I like to eat. I like to sit on the couch, play guitar, and ready trashy novels. None of which are helpful if weight loss is your goal.
But each battle you overcome makes you stronger. Yes, there will be ups and downs, but you will learn how amazingly strong you really are. You don’t have to be motivated. You just need to TAKE ACTION. Whether or not you feel like it.
I have trouble sticking with a diet! Do I have to follow the Country Heat nutrition plan to lose weight?
Here’s a little secret – I have trouble following very specific diets too. My inner rebellious teenager always does her best to sabotage my diet plans, bless her heart. Do you have to follow the Beachbody Country Heat nutrition plan exactly? No. Remember, your weight loss ultimately comes from running a small calorie deficit, not by eating from a specific list of foods.
But you WILL get the best results if you follow the plan. The nutrition guide helps you compute the proper number of servings of lean protein, healthy fats, veggies, carbs and fruits. It is designed to get you to goal.
Learning WHAT to eat and proper portion sizes was really important in my own personal weight loss journey. You can read all about Beachbody’s Portion Control system here: Beachbody’s Portion Fix Or you can try the portion control containers here… Portion Fix Containers
Even more reasons to try Country Heat.
Country heat is not just another workout program. Here are my top reasons to try it:
- You get to dance.
- You can sing along to country music.
- You can wear your cowboy boots while working out.
- It’s fun!
- You burn tons of calories.
- It will improve your dance skills.
- Dancing is loads more fun than cleaning house.
- You may start saying “y’all” a lot more. 🙂
- Exercise improves your mood.
- Exercise promotes better sleep which also helps with weight loss!
- Exercise gives you confidence.
- Exercise improves your immune system.
- Exercise (and the results you get) makes shopping for clothes way more fun!
What if I lose my motivation and don’t feel like working out?
If your motivation crashes and burns, just look at the picture up above of Autumn Calabrese’s amazingly fit and toned body and get inspired!
But seriously, sometimes waning motivation happens to the best of us. Can you be BRIBED into losing weight??
Free Country Heat t-shirt.
Beachbody offers a free t-shirt to everyone who completes a program. It may not be high fashion but you’ll have a cool new tee to commemorate finishing Country Heat. It’s just like the t-shirt you get when registering for a 5k. The shirt says (non-verbally of course) “you go, girl (or guy)!” Every time you wear your shirt you are reminded of your commitment and accomplishment.
Beachbody Challenge contest.
Even better than clothing is the Beachbody Challenge contest. $500 winners are selected every single day, and two lucky souls win $100,000 each year. How’s that for incentive to pop in a DVD and keep the potato chips out of the house!
So we’re back to my original question. Will I lose weight doing Country Heat?
The answer is up to YOU. Country Heat is a great program but it is not a miracle.
YOU need to change into workout gear (or daisy dukes and cowboy boots) and push PLAY.
YOU need to make smart food choices.
YOU need to decide EVERY SINGLE DAY if you will keep moving (however imperfectly) toward your goals or if today is the day you will give up.
I think we all have the desire to better ourselves, whether to rock a pair of skinny jeans or just to be an example of good health for our children. I think sometimes we need a little push in the right direction and maybe a little reassurance too. If you decide to start a Country Heat adventure, be sure to bookmark Weigh to Maintain so you can come back and share your story.
I’ll be starting Country Heat too and I will share other tips and tricks to rock the program. And I always support my Beachbody customers in private online groups. Want to join? Just contact me and let me know!
It’s all about attitude. Decide to OWN this. Decide it’s OK to be imperfect, but it’s not OK to quit.
You know what? I think you can do it.
What do YOU think?
If you need a little extra support in your weight loss journey, I am happy to help! I coach people through Beachbody fitness programs every single day. I’d love to have you join me! Just sign up for a free Team Beachbody account and I’ll be in touch. Or email me and let me know how I can help!