Sometimes you just want comfort food, you know? And when eating keto it’s really simple to do!
This super simple Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is perfect for a busy night, makes a great lunch the next day, and will not only fill you up, but keep you satisfied with hearty, delicious flavors.
If you enjoy eating keto and need a little help planning meals, be sure to click on the image below and download a FREE printable keto meal planner and shopping list.
You can also add non-starchy “soup-type” veggies to boost the nutrition. Think celery, a handful of chopped kale, diced tomatoes.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 tsp. mustard (yellow or brown)
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pickle slices, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Cook bacon in a pan until crispy, set aside. (I microwave my bacon to avoid the mess.)
- In 4 quart cooking pot over medium high heat, brown ground beef along with onion. Drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in remaining ingredients except for heavy cream. Stir occasionally until cheeses melt.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off heat, then stir in heavy cream.
- Garnish with crispy bacon, additional cheddar cheese and, if desired, a dollop of sour cream and pickles.
If you enjoy eating keto, or want to learn more about it, check out these posts:
- 7 Newbie Keto Mistakes I Made (And How You Can Avoid Them)
- Download the FREE printable Keto Meal Planner
- What Is The Keto Diet and 5 Reasons All Your Friends Are Talking About It
- 8 week digital program to teach you everything you need to know about keto eating and how to adapt it to your lifestyle, along with meal plans, recipes, and shopping lists: The Keto Bundle