Gluten-free breakfast cookies are the perfect solution to hectic mornings. I must have a grab-and-go breakfast option on weekdays. I’m hungry in the morning, but in a hurry – can you relate??
Enter Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies as a quick and tasty solution to my problem!
These cookies are a variation of the Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chunk cookies I’ve shared before.
Gluten-Free Note: If you eat gluten-free as I do, make sure you check ALL of your ingredients, including oats, baking powder, protein powder, etc. Use products specifically labeled “gluten-free.”
- 1-3/4 cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder (I used Syntha-6 Vanilla Ice Cream)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 3 small)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (or four squares dark chocolate bar, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using blender, grind ¾ cup of the oats into flour. Combine with remaining 1 cup oats, protein powder, coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Using blender, puree bananas. Add egg, coconut oil and vanilla to blender and pulse until mixed.
- Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate pieces.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Slightly flatten cookies since they will not spread.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until set and slightly golden on bottom.
What’s your favorite grab-and-go breakfast option??