In this post I’ll share how to organize your week to develop and track healthy habits – and I have free printable stickers to share with you!
Summer is on the way and it’s the time when many of us (myself included) get HIGHLY MOTIVATED to eat clean, follow our fitness program and generally commit to good health. Why?
Swim suit season. (Cue the scary music.)
But no matter how inspired and motivated we are while trying on bikinis in the department store dressing room, it’s unlikely that motivation alone will be enough to help us reach our goals. That’s because motivation is fleeting.
Especially in the summer. Think BBQ’s, ice cream, frozen margaritas….
You need the power of healthy habits to reach your goals.
It’s been said that our quality of life is created by the quality of our habits. If you are a fit, healthy, active person, likely you have good habits in place, whether or not you are aware of them.
When my scale starts creeping upward the first thing I look at is at my habits. I can guarantee you that my “good” habits have disappeared and bad ones have crept back in.
What are examples of healthy habits?
Here are some of my favorites:
• Read something motivating or inspiring for 5 minutes every day
• Drink at least 8 glasses of water
• Workout 5-6 times per week
• Eat a serving of fruit and/or veggies with every meal
• No unplanned night-time eating
• Plan my meals each week
• Take a 5 minute walk after every meal
• Review my goals daily and weekly
• Eat treats in moderation only
• Hold myself accountable to others
• Speak about my body and fitness in a positive way (negativity-free zone!)
• Drink a superfood shake each day
How do you create good habits?
Reading a list and thinking “yes, I need to do that” is not enough. Your goals/mini-habits must be written down somewhere that you can see every single day. How will you remember to follow through if you forget what your actionable habits are?
I like to track my healthy habits right in my planner. You don’t have to use a fancy planner – like the Erin Condren Life Planner I’m using – you can use an old notebook or scrap paper. But the important thing is that you use some system to track those activities so they do become a part of your daily life.
Download free printable stickers to track your healthy habits.
Aren’t these stickers colorful and cute? Bright and cheery is exactly what I need when focusing on less-than-fun habits like veggies with every meal or no snacking. I’ve made these stickers available in a PDF format for you. Just download the stickers and print either on sticker paper or on regular paper and use a glue stick to adhere to your planner or calendar.
How to organize your week for health and wellness.
Here is a video that shows how I use the printable stickers to organize my week. I plan my meals, track water, exercise and other activities in a fun and colorful way….
Are you ready to set and track some healthy habits?
Here are some action steps to create healthy habits quickly and easily:
- Choose 1-3 habits to focus on. See the list above for ideas or create your own.
- Grab your planner or calendar. Here’s a printable one you can download.
- Download and print the Healthy Habits stickers.
- Add the appropriate stickers to you planner or calendar.
- Look at your planner every single day and track the progress on your habits. Drink water? Check it off. Workout? Check it off. You will be able to see at a glance how you’re doing.
- Relax and enjoy! You don’t have to change your life overnight. Building habits takes time so don’t stress.
What do you think? Are you ready to develop some healthy habits??