I have been slightly obsessed with my new recipe…. Chocolate Brownie Shakeology Pancakes. I’m pretty sure I this is day 5 of eating pancakes for lunch every day. But isn’t it great to eat pancakes guilt free??
Not only are these protein pancakes incredibly simple and delicious, but they are super healthy.
Why? The secret ingredient is chocolate Shakeology. So you are not only eating what seems like a very decadent meal, but you’re getting superfood nutrition, vitamins, minerals, protein, probiotics and so much more!
As a bonus, these pancakes are gluten free!
Be creative with your toppings. I’m not a big fan of using maple syrup because sugar makes me crave more sugar. And I won’t use any of those crazy chemical zero calorie toppings you might see in the “diet” aisle at the store.
My favorite Shakeology pancake toppings:
- Sliced bananas with or without chopped nuts and/or unsweetened coconut flakes
- Blueberry (or other berry) “syrup” – just nuke about a cup of fresh or frozen berries until they are hot and juicy. Mash with a fork if desired.
- Peanut butter, almond butter or (my new favorite) sunflower butter
- All-fruit jam
- Butter (yes, real butter – just don’t overdo it, lol)
For those of you following the 21 Day Fix or other Beachbody portion control meal plans, I would count the recipe as: 1.5 RED, 1/2 PURPLE, 1 ORANGE.
And now, here’s your Chocolate Brownie Shakeology Pancakes recipe!
- 1 packet (or scoop) chocolate Shakeology
- 1/2 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- In a bowl mash 1/2 banana with a fork. Mix in egg and beat until well blended. Add Shakeology, coconut flour and baking powder and stir well. Batter will be very thick – like brownie batter!
- Preheat skillet to medium and spray with cooking spray. Spread pancake batter into pan. Cook until bottom is solid – about 2 minutes. Flip and cook maybe 30 seconds more until pancake is done. Enjoy your healthiest and most delicious meal of the day!
Why do I drink Shakeology every day? Bottom line it cuts the cravings, helps me stick to my healthy meal plan, and it gives me a ton of superfood nutrition that I otherwise wouldn’t get in my diet. You can read all about why Shakeology here: Shakeology FAQ’s.
You can find lots more Shakeology recipes right here: Shakeology Recipes.
Be sure to pin the recipe so you can find it when a chocolate brownie craving happenss!