I love my Shakeology and have it daily, but sometimes I’m just not in the mood for a shake. Even my go-to delicious peanut butter chocolate banana shake. There are times when a warm, gooey cupcake sounds more appealing!
Here is variation of a protein mug cake I often make, but I added fresh berries to the bottom of the mug. When microwaved, the berries form a sauce of sorts. Totally delish and you and I can enjoy guilt-free because the Shakeology mug cake is packed with nutrition!
PS: YES, that is real powdered sugar in the picture. I would say it was for purposes of the photograph only, but that would be a lie. I quite enjoyed a sprinkle of sugar on my mug cake!
For more Shakeology recipes check out this page: Shakeology Recipes
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology (or chocolate protein powder)
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup fresh berries (any variety)
- 1 scoop Power Greens (optional)
- In bowl, beat egg and add almond milk. Stir until well-mixed.
- Add Shakeology, cocoa powder, baking powder and Power Greens (optional). Stir until mixture forms a batter.
- Spray a large, microwave-safe mug with cooking spray. Add berries to the bottom of the mug. Pour in batter.
- Microwave for approximately 1 minute 30 seconds. I check the mug cake after 1 minute because I like mine a little gooey like the photo.
- When done, turn out onto a plate and enjoy! With or without a sprinkle of powdered sugar. 🙂 In a pinch, you can eat your mug cake right out of the mug!